My first recipe! and my first picture of food. oh my. I really do hope I can improve.
Story behind recipe: (always usually the same thing) I was at the grocery store and the food was cheap! So multicolored peppers went on sale (aka the green ones cost as much as the other ones, and its seems like they are all the same price 🙂 )
Other factors: It was my birthday this week so I treated myself by buying feta cheese.
This recipe calls for any amount of the following things. Really whatever you have on hand.
- Peppers (as many colours as you want)
- Cucumbers (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Feta Cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sesame seeds (optional)
How to make:
- Cut up the peppers and cucumbers ( about 3 halfs of peppers: half cucumber ratio) and place in bowl
- Pour in enough olive oil to coat all of the vegetables
- Next put in a bit of balsamic vinegar depending on how much tang you like
- Sesame seeds
- Dash of pepper
- As much feta cheese as you want (crumbled) I used a lot! 🙂
Why this rocks:
Keeps for a long time! Easy to make (like 10 mins), easy to pack up and take to school
What it tastes like:
Each pepper crunches in your mouth with varying textures, the cucumber adds even more texture and moisture. The feta cheese is soft and goes well with this combination!